[Development] Importing a module build in creator

Arno Rehn a.rehn at menlosystems.com
Sun Jan 9 15:59:59 CET 2022

On 09.01.22 12:47, Konstantin Shegunov wrote:
> In the Qt5 times with qmake I was able to run the makefile generator on
> the top of the Qt tree and then import build in Creator for some
> specific module I'd wanted to work on. Is something like this still
> possible for Qt6 and cmake (I'm currently using the default ninja
> generator)?

I don't think that this is possible with CMake.

I've been working around that by (re-)building only the module I'm
working on with qtbase/bin/qt-configure-module in a seperate directory.
That single-module build can then be imported just fine.

I've found that importing the full Qt6 build tree isn't so bad, either.
Incremental builds with ninja are very fast.
Downsides are that initially, parsing all of the source files can take a
while. Also, I'm skipping building the tests by default and would like
to build only a subset (the ones of the module I'm working on).
QtCreator doesn't seem to support EXCLUDE_FROM_ALL tests at all, so I
usually have to resort to the command line for that.

Regards,
Arno

--
Arno Rehn
Tel +49 89 189 166 0
a.rehn at menlosystems.com
www.menlosystems.com

Menlo Systems GmbH
Bunsenstrasse 5, D-82152 Martinsried, Germany
Amtsgericht München HRB 138145
Geschäftsführung: Dr. Michael Mei, Dr. Ronald Holzwarth
USt.-IdNr. DE217772017, St.-Nr. 14316170324