[Development] Importing a module build in creator

Edward Welbourne edward.welbourne at qt.io
Tue Jan 11 12:39:26 CET 2022

Arno Rehn (9 January 2022 15:59) wrote:
> I'm skipping building the tests by default and would like
> to build only a subset (the ones of the module I'm working on).
> QtCreator doesn't seem to support EXCLUDE_FROM_ALL tests at all, so I
> usually have to resort to the command line for that.

I suspect combining

  -DQT_BUILD_TESTS=ON
  -DQT_BUILD_TESTS_BY_DEFAULT=OFF

would help here.  CMake would know how to build the tests, but would
only do so on request, so you could tell ninja to build $submodule/test
(or indeed $subdirectory/test; see ninja -t targets for a full list) so
as to only build the tests you care about, or build tst_component_check
to (build and) run a specific test.

	Eddy.