[Development] Importing a module build in creator

Konstantin Shegunov kshegunov at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 06:40:41 CET 2022

Thank you all for the insights!

On Sun, Jan 9, 2022 at 5:02 PM Arno Rehn <a.rehn at menlosystems.com> wrote:

> I don't think that this is possible with CMake.
>
> I've been working around that by (re-)building only the module I'm
> working on with qtbase/bin/qt-configure-module in a seperate directory.
> That single-module build can then be imported just fine.

Thanks for that tip, I will try that out.

I've found that importing the full Qt6 build tree isn't so bad, either.
> Incremental builds with ninja are very fast.

Yeah, insofar as you don't touch the cmake files.

On Mon, Jan 10, 2022 at 10:10 AM Eike Ziller <Eike.Ziller at qt.io> wrote:

> Build your module separately from the rest of Qt, and open that in Qt
> Creator. Building a module separate from qtbase is actually pretty easy
> with CMake. Build qtbase and other modules that you depend on via qt5, and
> then just run "<qt>/qtbase/bin/qt-cmake-private -S <path_to_module_src> -B
> <path_to_module_build>” and build. Since you ran CMake separately from Qt
> on your module, you’ll have a separate project that you can open in Qt
> Creator.

With the provision that I haven't looked inside qt-cmake-private what would
be the difference from the qt-configure-module, which Arno suggested?

Kind regards,
Konstantin.