[Development] Please avoid shell-special row names in QtTest

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Jul 27 17:11:08 CEST 2022

Re: https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTQAINFRA-5085

Please don't use spaces, wildcards or other shell metacharacters in your test
row names. Because of the different shells that we must go through, and in some
cases the number of shells (try to use ssh to run a test remotely), it gets
annoying very quickly and leads to bugs.

So as a kind request, please use simple words and phrases as your test rows.
Dots, dashes, slashes, commas, plus signs, equal signs, colons are fine.
Spaces, asterisks, parentheses, brackets, backslashes are not. I think the at-
sign has problems on powershell.