[Development] QPushButton: drag and drop

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Mon Jun 6 14:43:55 CEST 2022

On Sat, Jun 4, 2022 at 6:26 AM Philippe <philwave at gmail.com> wrote:

> *I have also noticed several posts on Stack Overflow, Qt Centre, etc,
> about this issue without a "real solution". *
>
> I confirm. This case is very similar to user reports I've had for about 10
> years, on OSX only, that occur randomly. I've wasted countless hours on
> this with no solution. And without a good excuse to give to these users...
>
> Philippe

Hi Philippe,

I can reassure you that you are not alone. I have spent 1-2 days on this. I
do not think it is fair from Qt to expect each and every drag and drop
customers to manage each and every QWidget states manually. I have found
several users mentioning this across Stack Overflow, Qt Centre, Qt Forum,
etc. Just mentioned one instance, but this seems to have been a
long-standing issue for a decade or more. In my humble opinion, a fix
(whatever that may be) would be welcome. So, created a ticket for it now:
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-104028