[Development] QPushButton: drag and drop

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Tue Jun 7 08:47:47 CEST 2022

On Fri, Jun 3, 2022 at 11:08 PM Giuseppe D'Angelo via Development <
development at qt-project.org> wrote:

> Given the blame on that code shows no changes since Nokia times,
> something just tells me that this has never worked properly and people
> started 1) relying on the release to be never received

It is their problem if they have started relying on a bug. We cannot leave
bugs around and stop fixing bugs because bugs have been released.

Moreover, not only has this not been documented to rely on, but in fact,
even the opposite has been claimed by the Qt docs, so people really should
not rely on the opposite of the design and documentation:
https://doc-snapshots.qt.io/qt6-dev/qdrag.html#exec

"Other events are still delivered to the application while the operation is
performed."

So, I feel like it is just to just fix the code as the documentation claims
the behaviour.

So, yes, I agree with you that this is not something we should leave as is.