[Development] Feature freeze exception for permission API

Tor Arne Vestbø Tor.arne.Vestbo at qt.io
Thu Jun 9 15:01:13 CEST 2022

Hi,

The permission API (https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-90498 / https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qtbase/+/409324) was planned for Qt 6.4, but unfortunately did not stabilize enough in time for the freeze.

To avoid pushing the API to 6.5, and to get some user feedback on the both the APIs, the implementation, and the use-cases, we’re hoping to make the APIs tech-preview/preliminary in 6.4.

The API itself is self-contained and fairly minimal, not affecting other parts of Qt, so the risk is low, and if we last minute find issues we can disable it entirely via the Qt configure system.

The remaining work to get it into tech-preview/preliminary shape is expected to take another week.

Given the above, would it be possible to grant a feature freeze exemption until end of next week for this feature?

Cheers,
Tor Arne