[Development] Proposals for changes to "Precheck" feature

Alexandru Croitor alexandru.croitor at qt.io
Fri Mar 25 17:54:29 CET 2022

Hi,

> On 25. Mar 2022, at 17:42, Volker Hilsheimer <volker.hilsheimer at qt.io> wrote:
>
> * always rebase the commit before prechecking

I have controversial feelings about this one.

Sometimes i want it rebased on latest HEAD of the branch in question, sometimes I want the exact parent I chose.

You can get merge conflicts during rebasing. Checking out will always succeed (even if later it might fail due to other reasons).

I would prefer a comment-based precheck system instead, and keep the existing precheck as-is.

https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTQAINFRA-4419

> * always test all platforms, don’t bail out on first failure

I'd be happy with that, i often schedule my prechecks manually to ensure it doesn't fail on first try.