[Development] qsizetype

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Sep 8 22:50:33 CEST 2022

On Thursday, 8 September 2022 02:23:39 PDT Edward Welbourne wrote:
> The reason we plan for Qt 7 is that it's the next time we can make
> certain kinds of backwards-incompatible changes.  When we decide that
> such a change is needed, we plan for it, because we can't do it yet, or
> indeed any time soon.

Particularly because we realised that we did not do all the "### Qt 6" changes
for 6.0. This time around, we're actually making the changes right now. Many
of the changes can be added to Qt 6 itself, if they are simple overloads, and
those benefit most people. Some others can't and must instead be hidden with
#ifdef.

The point of this thread is to discuss what work we should do now, if neither
option above can apply or if it becomes too ugly to maintain.