[Development] Commercial-only 6.2 LTS phase starts: Closing the 6.2 branch(es) on 20th April

Konstantin Ritt ritt.ks at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 01:33:11 CEST 2022

Hi Tuuka,

By that link I didn't mean QTBUG-102962 exactly, but 23 matching bugs for a
single component (which is not even one of the top-wanted components).
On vanilla 6.2.4, QCamera simply doesn't work on many Android devices. All
these issues were resolved for 6.2.5. Coincident?

> We are no holding back on bug fixes, though.
> so the fix is in Qt 6.3.1
Technically you aren't. But in fact you are!
That is what I called "please stick to unstable, semi-functional versions
of Qt, test them and report bugs".
6.3 brought a bunch of new bugs and regressions, and some of them still
aren't fixed. As for example, look at --
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-98964?jql=text%20~%20%22Binding%20on%20contentItem%20is%20not%20deferred%20as%20requested%20by%20the%20DeferredPropertyNames%20class%20info%20because%20one%20or%20more%20of%20its%20sub-objects%20contain%20an%20id%22
-- (and not only at QTBUG-98964).
Fixed in 6.3.0? Sure it is. But it is still reproducible in dev...
Maybe it is not really important? Well, I personally can live with it.
Until I get a hang/crash report in release due to this issue...

And that's just a single example of many.
Okay, perhaps I should stick back to 6.2.4, keep my eye on commits
picked-up to mysterious 6.2.5 and apply them manually. Thanks,
cherry-picking monkey is a job I was dreaming of!

When I chose Qt for developing my apps, it was "Code less, create more[,
deploy everywhere]".
I was ok with building Qt from sources when you started selling binaries to
your commercial folks. Waste of an hour of my machine power per several
months was not a big price for stability update.
But we definitely didn't choose to be your free testing crowd!

Regards,
Unhappy monkey