[Development] Failed to run configure.bat in qt/qt5 repository on Windows?

Haowei Hsu hwhsu1231 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 13:27:45 CEST 2023

Hello, Edward.

These instructions do not appear in README.md; it contains, for example,
> no mention of vcvarsall.bat and its instructions for updating quite
> explicitly mention running init-repository.  See README.git for the
> details of how to clone and set up an initial checkout of Qt.  Note that
> it does not use --recursive to git clone; init-repository takes care of
> the recursing into submodules.

The reason why I run *vcvarsall.bat* is to let CMake find MSVC compilers.

As for *init-repository*, I didn't see its instructions in README.md
<https://github.com/qt/qt5/tree/dev>. Where is it?

---
Haowei Hsu

Edward Welbourne <edward.welbourne at qt.io> 於 2023年8月14日 週一 下午5:50寫道: