[Development] Failed to run configure.bat in qt/qt5 repository on Windows?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Aug 24 08:35:34 CEST 2023

On Wednesday, 23 August 2023 22:17:26 PDT Haowei Hsu wrote:
> However, if we currently can't improve windres.exe, is there another way to
> improve Qt itself?

Yes: don't put software in paths with spaces or other shell-special
characters. I've been fighting this problem while working on Qt for 18 years. I
don't expect the next 18 will solve this.

> Is it possible to adopt this solution to Qt as well?

Qt is using CMake and it's CMake that has a hardcoded search on Program Files.
So use the same solution.

I highly recommend you just use MSYS2 and install all dependencies for Qt
using pacman. This would remove all the heartache about Strawberry Perl,
PostgreSQL, OpenSSL, MySQL, LLVM, compiler versions. It's one command to
install them all and to later update them.

And if you just want to run qdoc... I believe MSYS2 has a version pre-built
for you too.