[Development] Qt 6.6 initial schedule (was: Proposal: let's change the release schedules a bit)

Jani Heikkinen jani.heikkinen at qt.io
Tue Feb 14 09:00:59 CET 2023

Hi all,

It seems there isn't that much support to change the release schedule frame so let's keep the old one & plan new minor releases in March & September.
So my proposal for Qt 6.6 schedule is:

* Qt 6.6 Platform and Module freeze 19.5.2023
* Qt 6.6 Feature Freeze 2.6.2023
* Qt 6.6 Beta1 14.6.2023
* Qt 6.6 RC 12.9.2023
* Qt 6.6 Final release 26.9.2023

This is pretty much similar schedule we had with Qt 6.4.0. With this schedule we should be able to get the beta1 release out before midsummer & summer break.

br,
Jani Heikkinen
Release Manager