[Development] Qt 5.12.12 branches disappeared from code.qt.io?

Jon Trulson jon at radscan.com
Thu Jan 12 16:54:33 CET 2023

On 1/12/23 05:26, Edward Welbourne via Development wrote:
> On 1/12/23 01:24, Thiago Macieira wrote:
>>> No.
> Christian Kandeler (12 January 2023 09:24) asked:
>> Out of curiosity: Who gains what by removing branches?
> On Gerrit it makes sense; we should kill dead branches there.  I suspect
> the code.qt.io deletions were more by accident than design, probably the
> mirroring scripts doing something that made no difference until December
> (when I believe the old branches were deleted).  I see that github
> retains old branches still.

On git://github.com/qt/qtbase.git for example, these branches are
missing too.  I can only see 5.12, 5.12.5 and 5.12.7 there (of all the
5.12* branches that were present), same as on code.qt.io,  so these
deletions looked more like an accident than intentional (as they are not
/all/ gone), hence my email.

Am I looking in the wrong place?

The reason this became a problem for me was that meta-qt5's warrior
branch uses these Qt branches (5.12.12 in my case), and these builds now
fail.

So I'll need to now fork and maintain my own version of meta-qt5,
modified to use the tags instead for each of the qt repos.  I have no
choice but to use this version of Qt for this particular project.  I'm
now wondering what other project will be affected.

But if that's the way it is, so be it.

--
Jon Trulson

   "The less you know, the more you believe."
                            -- Bono