[Development] FF exception for QMultiMap/Hash support in Qvariant

Giuseppe D'Angelo giuseppe.dangelo at kdab.com
Mon Jun 5 10:51:10 CEST 2023

Hi,

https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qtbase/+/308602 has been "ready"
for a while, but got stalled because I'm unsure I want to implement the
proposed changes.
I'd like QVariantMultiMap and QVariantMultiHash to be first-class, just
like QVariantMap and QVariantHash. That includes a constexpr
qMetaTypeId. However it complicates the implementation, and I've been
asked to drop that first-class support, leaving the patch stuck. If we
can agree on a way forward, I'd rather have it merged.

Thank you,
KDAB - The Qt, C++ and OpenGL Experts