[Development] Continue staging restrictions in qt/qt5 dev branch?

Jukka Jokiniva Jukka.Jokiniva at qt.io
Mon Jun 26 15:10:39 CEST 2023

The qt/qt5 dev branch is open for staging for anyone again.

    --Jukka

From: Volker Hilsheimer <volker.hilsheimer at qt.io>
Date: Monday, 5. June 2023 at 10.32
To: Jukka Jokiniva <Jukka.Jokiniva at qt.io>, development at qt-project.org <development at qt-project.org>
Subject: Re: [Development] Continue staging restrictions in qt/qt5 dev branch?
On 5 Jun 2023, at 09:11, Jukka Jokiniva via Development <development at qt-project.org> wrote:

Hi,

There are quite many changes trying make it to the qt/qt5 dev branch:
https://codereview.qt-project.org/q/project:qt/qt5+branch:dev+is:open

If everyone starts to stage these individually, I am afraid that nothing will get merged because of the flakiness and we just overload the CI.

Would it make sense to continue the staging restrictions in the qt/qt5 dev branch and assign a person from the release or ci team to (re-)stage the changes in a specific order?

    --Jukka

Restricting staging to the qt5.git repo to members of the release team for a limited period is fine, esp now right after the 6.6 branching and until we have a snapshot out of that branch.

Perhaps that list of pending changes would benefit from some cleaning up. I assume stuff from 2021 and also 2022 can be abandoned.

Volker