[Development] Can't get review for more than two years

Ilya Fedin fedin-ilja2010 at ya.ru
Thu Jun 29 00:43:53 CEST 2023

On Wed, 28 Jun 2023 19:21:30 -0300
Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer <perezmeyer at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, 20 Jun 2023 at 02:41, Ilya Fedin <fedin-ilja2010 at ya.ru> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a change[1] I made two years ago. People were adding another
> > people to reviewers as no one of them had knowledge to review the
> > change. Since some time people has just started ignoring pings. More
> > than two years has passed but the change is still there, with no
> > votes nor clear explanation of what blocks it. It's the most
> > terrible contributing experience I've ever had.
> >
> > [1] https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qtbase/+/343628
>
> The patch you proposed has comments and NACKs.
>
> I'll add more info: the problem you are trying to solve **might** be
> easily solved by installing xdg-desktop-portal and/or some other
> portal like the gtk and kde ones.
>
> My 2c, Lisandro

They were added thanks to this e-mail yet discussion has stopped even
though I've answered to those NACKs (which are based on false
assumptions)

I already have xdg-desktop-portal installed, Qt doesn't read font
settings from it (and it shouldn't really use portals for that on X11,
that's relevant only for Wayland).