[Development] Meeting minutes from Qt Release Team meeting 28.2.2023
jani.heikkinen at qt.io
Wed Mar 1 07:17:41 CET 2023
Qt 6.5 status
* Beta3 released last week. The plan is to have it the last beta release for Qt 6.5
* Target is to release Qt 6.5 RC Thu 16th March
* Release blocker list here: https://bugreports.qt.io/issues/?filter=24758
* API Change review completed
* String freeze for Qt 6.5 is in effect now
* Branching from '6.5' to '6.5.0' will happen later this week
* Qt 6.5.0 Release target Thu 30th March 2023
Qt 6.4 status
* Branching from '6.4' to '6.4.3' done
* Qt 6.4.3 release content not frozen yet but the target is to freeze the content during this week
* New Qt 6.4.3 release target Tue 14th March
Next meeting Tue 14th March 2023 16:00 CET
irc log below:
[17:00:47] <jaheikki3> ablasche: carewolf_home: lars__:mapaaso:The-Compiler:thiago:vladimir-minenko:vohi: ping
[17:00:59] <thiago> jaheikki3: pong
[17:01:20] <vohi> pong
[17:01:37] <jaheikki3> time to start qt release team meeting
[17:01:44] <jaheikki3> on agenda today:
[17:01:53] <jaheikki3> Qt 6.5 status
[17:01:57] <jaheikki3> Qt 6.4 status
[17:02:06] <jaheikki3> Any additional item to the agenda?
[17:03:07] <jaheikki3> Let's browse through the 6.5 status at first
[17:03:24] <jaheikki3> Qt 6.5 Beta3 released last week
[17:04:00] <jaheikki3> Target is to release Qt 6.5 RC Thu 16th March so I think beta3 will be the last beta release for Qt 6.5
[17:04:30] <jaheikki3> API Change review completed
[17:04:45] <jaheikki3> and string freeze for Qt 6.5 is in effect now
[17:05:18] <jaheikki3> Target is to branch '6.5.0' from '6.5' tomorrow
[17:05:47] <vohi> QtCore didn't have a +2 last time I checked (yesterday); will have another look, don't think anything critical was pending
[17:05:51] <jaheikki3> I'll do that if submodule update succeed in '6.5'
[17:06:51] <jaheikki3> vohi: Ok, I think it already had +2 but I might be wrong
[17:07:27] <jaheikki3> Qt 6.5.0 Release target is Thu 30th March 2023
[17:07:49] <jaheikki3> and blocker list for the RC is here: https://bugreports.qt.io/issues/?filter=24758
[17:08:00] <vohi> Branching will keep the jira bot busy again with updating tickets, might need some handholding of the infrastructure
[17:09:06] <jaheikki3> yeah. And I'll check before branching if things are settled down after last night gerrit failure. If not I'll postpone the branching a bit
[17:09:21] <vohi> Sounds good
[17:09:35] <jaheikki3> This was all about 6.5 status at this time. Any other comments or questions?
[17:10:39] <jaheikki3> Ok, then qt 6.4 status
[17:10:55] <jaheikki3> Branching from '6.4' to '6.4.3' is done
[17:11:21] <jaheikki3> Unfortunately Qt 6.4.3 release content not frozen yet but the target is to freeze the content during this week
[17:12:14] <thiago> why not?
[17:13:20] <jaheikki3> There is couple of 3rd party module updates ongoing + couple of release related documentation issues not done yet
[17:13:45] <jaheikki3> We will wait those and then freeze the release content
[17:13:58] <thiago> ok
[17:14:13] <jaheikki3> Next week is winter holiday week in Oulu area so I postponed Qt 6.4.3 release target to the week after that (Tue 14th March)
[17:15:05] <jaheikki3> That's all about Qt 6.4 status at this time. Any more comments or questions?
[17:16:56] <jaheikki3> Ok, it was all at this time. I am having my winter holiday next week so let's have next meeting tue 14th March at this same time.
[17:17:08] <jaheikki3> Thanks for your participation, bye!
[17:17:17] <vohi> Thanks!
[17:17:21] <thiago> thanks
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Development