[Development] C++20 comparisons @ Qt (was: Re: C++20 @ Qt)

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Nov 14 17:07:41 CET 2023

On Tuesday, 14 November 2023 04:17:18 PST Marc Mutz via Development wrote:
> It's dangerously close to q20, yes, but q20 types switch at compile-time
> between std and fall-back types, which means they cannot be used in the
> ABI (yes, I used qxp::function_ref in QTestLib, but that doesn't have a
> `using std::...`, yet, so we're still ok, and QTestLib doesn't have BC
> constraints).

Actually, how about we do exactly that: we DO NOT use them in the ABI and thus
we DO use std:: types when compiling in C++20 mode. We can only use them in
inline-only functions.

The ABI functions can return one of these other types:
  bool  (for equality comparisons)
  int  (for non-partial ordering)
  QPartialOrdering (for partial ordering)