[Development] Custom QPlatformTheme plugin for exposing global menus

Eduardo Hopperdietzel ehopperdietzel at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 01:36:58 CET 2023

Hi again,

I'm going to answer my own question. I've come to realize that
QPlatformMenuBar::syncMenu() and QPlatformMenu::syncMenuItem() are indeed
intended for applying changes atomically. They are called after the
properties of menus or items are modified but not during their
construction. My oversight was that I had only tested menus and items with
their values set directly in their constructors, which is why I never saw
those virtual methods being invoked. I apologize for any confusion.

I'm still interested in finding documentation related to platform theme
menus, so any help with that would be greatly appreciated :)

Cheers!