[Development] How to make a qt6 module using cmake?

Alexandru Croitor alexandru.croitor at qt.io
Tue Nov 21 17:45:51 CET 2023

> On 21. Nov 2023, at 16:46, BogDan Vatra <bogdan at kdab.com> wrote:
>
> On 2023-11-21 16:47, Alexandru Croitor wrote:
>>> On 21. Nov 2023, at 13:21, Bogdan Vatra via Development <development at qt-project.org> wrote:
>>> Hello there,
>> Hi,
>
> Salut,
>

> I tried qtmqtt to be sure that I didn't do any mistakes, it seems if I use `qt-cmake` to configure the project it fails at `ninja docs` step, but if I'm using `qt-configure-module`, as Kai recommended, it passed that step.

The only relevant difference i can think of between qt-configure-module (which uses qt-cmake-private) and qt-cmake, is that the former will use the same cmake generator that was used to configure qtbase.

But if the configuration otherwise succeeded, and it's only docs target that failed, i'm not really sure what else could have gone wrong.