[Development] Proposing new Qt Creator module: Qt Creator Solutions

apoenitz apoenitz at t-online.de
Thu Nov 30 19:39:09 CET 2023

Hi all.

As you may know, we've started to separate parts of code originally created
specifically for Qt Creator from other parts of Creator's infrastructure in
order to make them more easily reusable in other projects or possible become a
proper Qt module at some time. These "Solutions" are currently collected in a
subdirectory[1] of the main Qt Creator repo but could be split out further in
the future if needed.

I propose to make this setup an official Module of Qt Creator, and herewith
also nominate Jarek as Maintainer. Jarek has been pushing the idea and is the
author of the biggest existing Qt Creator Solution: TaskTree[2], so for me this
is the obvious choice.

Comments/questions/opinions?

Andre'

[1] https://code.qt.io/cgit/qt-creator/qt-creator.git/tree/src/libs/solutions