[Development] Changes to automatic cherry-picking

Daniel Smith daniel.smith at qt.io
Mon Sep 11 11:52:30 CEST 2023

Hi all,

I'll be going live today with these changes to the automatic cherry-pick processes. I'll be monitoring the systems for the next few days at least to catch any issues. If you experience any oddities or unexpected behavior, please contact me at daniel.smith at qt.io directly with a report.

Reminder: You do not need to change the way that you work, but the resulting cherry-picks from your footers will now be created in order of newest-to-oldest branches. This means that cherry-picks will now block the propagation of your change to older branches if a merge conflict exists in a cherry-pick or the pick fails to integrate, so please try to take action on cherry-picks with issues ASAP.

Best regards,
-Daniel