[Development] QtProtobuf and QtGrpc final API review

Dennis Oberst dennis.oberst at qt.io
Mon Apr 22 12:15:24 CEST 2024

Hey everyone,

The new QtProtobuf and QtGrpc modules are preparing to exit the technical preview phase. For that, these modules require their final API review for Qt 6.8 to iron out any remaining issues, so that we can finalize the API with its current features for us and our users. We deliberately want to avoid doing this large of a review during the usual review time after Qt 6.8 FF. At best the FF review will be based on the diff of todays state and the state at the time of the official review (much much smaller).

We would really appreciate the help of anyone willing to review the existing API. We have divided it into multiple parts, which you can find here:

- QtGrpc<https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qtgrpc/+/550653>
- QtProtobuf<https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qtgrpc/+/550655>
    - WellKnownTypes<https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qtgrpc/+/550654>
    - GuiTypes<https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qtgrpc/+/550652>
    - CoreTypes<https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qtgrpc/+/550651>
    - GeneratedUserApi<https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qtgrpc/+/556448>

Or through the topic "qtgrpc_6.8_api_review<https://codereview.qt-project.org/q/topic:%22qtgrpc_6.8_api_review%22>".

Thanks in advance, and have a great Monday!

best,

________________________
Dennis Oberst
Software Engineer