[Development] QAudio/QtAudio in Qt v6.7.0/6.7.1

Volker Hilsheimer volker.hilsheimer at qt.io
Mon Jun 3 10:20:46 CEST 2024

> On 3 Jun 2024, at 09:08, Phil Thompson via Development <development at qt-project.org> wrote:
>
> In my code I call QAudio::convertVolume() (yet to migrate to the QtAudio namespace).  This compiles fine against Qt v6.7.0 and v6.7.1 (from the online installers). However...
>
> Compiled against v6.7.0 the compiler generates a call to QtAudio::convertVolume(). The library contains symbols for both QAudio::convertVolume() and QtAudio::convertVolume().
>
> Compiled against v6.7.1 the compiler generates a call to QAudio::convertVolume(). The library only contains a symbol for QAudio::convertVolume().
>
> The result is that code compiled against v6.7.0 will not work with v6.7.1.
>
> Thanks,
> Phil

Hi Phil,

we indeed tried to be too clever for our own good with the rename of the QAudio namespace to QtAudio.

https://code.qt.io/cgit/qt/qtreleasenotes.git/about/qt/6.7.1/release-note.md

documents that Qt 6.7.1 breaks BC with 6.7.0 in order to restore 6.7.1 compatibility with Qt 6.6, so you have to recompile against 6.7.1.

Volker