[Development] What to do if tests hang on the CI and I can't reproduce that locally?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue May 14 17:09:43 CEST 2024

[Re-adding the list]

On Tuesday 14 May 2024 08:02:05 GMT-7 Ilya Fedin wrote:
> The thing is that I need debug symbols for those system libraries to
> understand what is going on... Is there no way to get them on the CI?

I don't think you do. I think you have enough information there: it's trying
to get an atom and you must assume it's related to your changes.

> As far as I understand, the code I changed is called only from the main
> thread (the event thread is only reading the events but doesn't
> handle them)... But that somehow affects gtk and I don't understand how
> as the CI doesn't print the relevant gtk frames in the trace to examine
> its code.

Please confirm that your changes require that you reply to something requested
from other applications. If so, make sure you can reply from the XCB event
thread.

  Principal Engineer - Intel DCAI Fleet Engineering and Quality