[GEG] Merging qtquickcontrols/dev into qtquickcontrols/wip/tizen

Oswald Buddenhagen oswald.buddenhagen at digia.com
Thu Jun 6 12:42:11 CEST 2013

On Wed, Jun 05, 2013 at 08:56:15PM +0000, Tomasz Olszak wrote:
> I would like to merge dev branch into wip/tizen.

as we agreed that this is a throw-away branch, i strongly recommend
against merging - you should rebase instead, as that's also what you'll
do for the final re-submission to dev, and (conflicted) merges only get
in the way.

incidentally, i sent this mail to somebody at digia just a few minutes
ago:
----
you should realize that the ideal gerrit workflow is a bit different
from the normal git workflow. you shouldn't create a branch for
everything just because you can - it's perfectly reasonable to let a
patch series stabilize in gerrit reviews, simply because they are
branches themselves. the practical limit for such "branches" is in the
lower tens of commits. you just need to get used to git rebase -i (and
probably git gui), and some other processes & tools outlined in the
public qt commit policy.
----

anyway, i fast-forwarded the branch for you now.