[Interest] "When its ready"

Harri Pasanen harri at mpaja.com
Thu Dec 15 18:01:04 CET 2011

On 12/15/2011 05:11 PM, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On Thursday, 15 de December de 2011 15.36.24, Yves Bailly wrote:
>>> There is a Jira item related to this
>>> https://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTBUG-20556. The configure
>>> succeeds if you leave -ltcg out.
>> Indeed it works (compiling examples and demos right now). That's a bit
>> unfortunate though.
> WebKit is too big for the link-time compiler's mind. No way out.

It only seemed to go over by 166 bytes, out of 80,000,000  allowed.
So I would guess playing with compile size optimization flags might help,
(or rewriting something to be more tight).

It would probably break again with next change though...
but if 4.8 is going to be moth-balled in favour of Qt 5, perhaps the
forthcoming changes would be minimal enough so that it would be
a usable solution.

Harri