[Interest] "When its ready"

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Fri Dec 16 01:16:53 CET 2011

On Thursday, 15 de December de 2011 18.01.04, Harri Pasanen wrote:
> It only seemed to go over by 166 bytes, out of 80,000,000  allowed.
> So I would guess playing with compile size optimization flags might help,
> (or rewriting something to be more tight).

I don't think it requires in total only 2GB + 166 bytes. I think it reported
the error as soon as it went over the limit, but it wasn't done. But even if
that were the case, WebKit is continuing to grow and any solution you find to
trim a few bytes here and there will soon fail too.

> It would probably break again with next change though...
> but if 4.8 is going to be moth-balled in favour of Qt 5, perhaps the
> forthcoming changes would be minimal enough so that it would be
> a usable solution.

It's the same WebKit project.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358