[Interest] getting location data and/or GPS points using Qt

Sivan Greenberg sivan at omniqueue.com
Thu Nov 10 18:52:54 CET 2011

Andre,

On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 2:01 PM, Andre Haupt <andre at bitwigglers.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 01:31:21PM +0200, Sivan Greenberg wrote:
>> So, the wether info example is pointed at from
>> http://doc.qt.nokia.com/qtmobility-1.2/location-overview.html as an
>> example to using location data, but even when skimming through the
>> source of the weather info example, I can't see where it actually
>> fetched location data through mobility... am I overlooking something
>> or is this a doc bug bug I should report?
>
> Have a look at the slots yourWeather() and positionUpdated() ;-)

Just an interesting note, when I first looked at the example it was in
my Qt Creator , and that version did not have any location code at
all, when I looked it up on the qt doc site it was there. Has it
changed lately?

this is the code from my Qt examples offline with SDK installation:
http://pastebin.com/HQJFjc47

My reported Creator version is reported as -  Built on Aug 25 2011 at
15:14:45 , From revision 4b96d7d867.

-Sivan