[Interest] getting location data and/or GPS points using Qt

David Laing david.laing at nokia.com
Fri Nov 11 00:42:33 CET 2011

Hi,

> Just an interesting note, when I first looked at the example it was in
> my Qt Creator , and that version did not have any location code at
> all, when I looked it up on the qt doc site it was there. Has it
> changed lately?

The weatherinfo and lightmaps examples in location are versions of the
Qt examples (from the qtsvg and qtbase embedded examples, respectively)
modified to use the Location API.  The Location versions have target
names weatherinfo_with_location and lightmaps_with_location, although
I'm not sure if that difference shows up anywhere but in the executable.

IIRC the Location API examples don't show up in Qt Creator.

Cheers,

Dave