[Interest] making qt examples more verbal

Sivan Greenberg sivan at omniqueue.com
Fri Nov 11 15:13:48 CET 2011

On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 12:53 PM,  <Tero.Aijala at nokia.com> wrote:
> Probably best to publish the completed docs via the wiki, and do the
> editing on a branch?

Yes, sounds good and allows to create patch sets and what not (I
always prefer RCS way of work to wiki if something needs to be
properly version-ed for build purposes. Which branch should I clone
from? How do you create a code snippet, with intermediate walk-through
commentary as in a tutorial out of the existing 'example' only example
doc? Or would this be self explanatory from the docs sources in the
branch? ;)

> Whatever works, but need to be careful the online docs especially don't
> turn out even more confusing than they are now ;)

Hehe, not if I can help it! The first addition I had in mind is that
quick linking + walk through of the "meat" of example, so for instance
in the weather info example, there would be a walk through and quick
link from the top of the example doc page to the light lifting you
need to do with Qt to obtain location and the surrounding that
normally goes with it for a standard operation.

-Sivan