[Interest] making qt examples more verbal

Tero.Aijala at nokia.com Tero.Aijala at nokia.com
Fri Nov 11 11:53:55 CET 2011

Hi,

On 11.11.2011 12.01, "ext Sivan Greenberg" <sivan at omniqueue.com> wrote:

>On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 9:56 AM,  <Tero.Aijala at nokia.com> wrote:
>> We are indeed working actively on Qt5, but we should also acknowledge
>>that
>> Qt Mobility 1.2 is the latest release that can actually be used for
>> developing for the N9 and Symbian. IMHO if we can help the developers
>> targeting the devices out there, we should do that. Qt5 docs do not help
>> with that effort too much.
>>
>> So, if you do have interest in helping with the existing docs, we will
>> figure out how to get those out there. For example via Devnet.
>
>Okay, so perhaps we set up something on the wiki ? Is there a way we
>could "paste" the examples as they are in the online reference
>(doc.qt.nokia) so I can include my proposed addition editing the wiki
>or some such?

Probably best to publish the completed docs via the wiki, and do the
editing on a branch?

>> What we need to make sure of is that any work done with the existing
>>stuff
>> get's migrated to Qt5 side when applicable.
>
>Right, so perhaps it does make sense to have this integrated into some
>sort of doc branch, perhaps a side branch that we could later on use
>for Qt5 mobility docs?

The docs are afaik in the same tree as the code, as are the examples. So
you probably want/need to create a branch of Qt-Mobility in Gitorius and
work there. The docs can be generated with make docs.

>So we might have the already existing online reference and current
>reference docs, but also have a another portal to docs, that is
>arranged for recipe cooking. (I'm starting to get hungry ;)

Whatever works, but need to be careful the online docs especially don't
turn out even more confusing than they are now ;)