[Interest] making qt examples more verbal

Sivan Greenberg sivan at omniqueue.com
Mon Nov 14 11:10:32 CET 2011

Hi Alex,

On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 8:23 AM,  <alex.blasche at nokia.com> wrote:
>>> If you want to work on the location enabled weatherinfo then you have
>>> to use qtmobility.git/master. There is no point in using a 4.7/4.8
>>> branch as the weatherinfo example in Qt can never be location enabled.
>>
>>Do you mean exactly git://gitorious.org/qt-mobility/qt-mobility.git?
>
> Yes, thank you for making it explicit.

Now for practical reasons, my assumption is that I will not be able to
use what's there in master for my current Harmattan project, simply
because that's master and will always be ahead of what's supported in
Nokia QT SDK...

If that's correct, then where can I find a location based example that
I could actually drop into Qt Creator, build, run test on N950 learn
from and profit  (a non QML example, that is) ? :)

On a related note, when asking google for QML location example you get
a snippet which is very helpful on stack overflow, is there a
reference for the Position item somewhere on the online docs? The link
from (I apologize for not noticing I was on 1.1.1)
http://doc.qt.nokia.com/qtmobility-1.2/location-overview.html#qml-example
seems to miss a forward link to an example.

As I've used the knowledge from StackOverflow and the googlemaps qml
example, I will have a good example for showing a map tracking of
yourself QML example. Just submit it as gerrit push to have it
reviewed and possibly include it, or as a patch to current googlemaps
qml example with is this time location based enabled?

Thanks!

-Sivan