[Interest] Qt creator - Minimum Qt version?

Pritam Ghanghas pritam_ghanghas at infosys.com
Wed Nov 23 15:57:38 CET 2011

On Wed, 2011-11-23 at 20:17 +0530, Diego Iastrubni wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 2:29 PM, Syam Krishnan <syamcr at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>         Hi..
>
>         Sorry for a possibly silly question. I just can't seem to
>         easily get this info anywhere.
>
>         Is there a page (in the docs) where the minimum required Qt
>         version is mentioned for each version of Qt Creator IDE? I
>         want to know the latest version of Qt Creator that I can use
>         with a given version of Qt (v4.5, for example).
>

> The QtCreator team usually builds on the latest Qt4 available - and
> sometimes even on unreleased trunk. If you need to build against an
> older Qt4 - you will have to use an older QtCreator.

That is not the case. "What qt creator is build with" and "what version
of Qt can be used with Qt creator" are two totally different things.

Qt creator is normally built with latest version of qt. But the
installer come with their own copies of qt libs. So qt creator will run
even if you have not installed qt on your system. If you have qt
development packages installed on your system, it will most likely
already configure them as available qt versions.

As for development you can build qt or install dev packages from your
distribution and configure qt creator to use them. you can even
configure several different versions. I have used multiple version b/w
4.5 to 4.7 without any problems.

Regards,
Pritam

Infosys e-mail system.