[Interest] Qt creator - Minimum Qt version?

Syam Krishnan syamcr at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 16:31:08 CET 2011

On 11/23/2011 08:27 PM, Pritam Ghanghas wrote:
> As for development you can build qt or install dev packages from your
> distribution and configure qt creator to use them. you can even
> configure several different versions. I have used multiple version b/w
> 4.5 to 4.7 without any problems.
Well, thanks for the info. I tried running Qt Creator 2.4 RC today on
RHEL5 with Qt 4.5.
I was aware of the problem with obsolete fontconfig package. So I
updated the fontconfig package to 2.4.2.

When I tried executing qtcreator.sh, I got this:

Failed to load core:
/opt/qtcreator-2.3.84/lib/qtcreator/plugins/Nokia/libCore.so: Cannot
load library
/opt/qtcreator-2.3.84/lib/qtcreator/plugins/Nokia/libCore.so:
(/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.9' not found (required by
/opt/qtcreator-2.3.84/lib/qtcreator/plugins/Nokia/../../libBotan.so.1))

I guess my C++ library installation is a bit too old. Searching the
internet, I found these:

https://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTCREATORBUG-3217
http://samritmaity.wordpress.com/2011/02/15/installing-qt-glibcxx_3-4-9-not-found/

So, I think I have to build gcc in to a separate directory and use the
apparently-not-so-good LD_LIBRARY_PATH hack to get Qt creator working. I
am going to try that tomorrow.

regards,

Syam