[Interest] highlight multiple lines in QTextEdit

Yifei Li yifli82 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 15:53:20 CEST 2011

Hi

I asked this question yesterday on the old mailing list and saw an email
today the old mailing list has been shutdown, so I repost my question here.

I want to high light all the lines in between start and end, I tried
something as follows:

extras = []

cursor.movePosition(QTextCursor.StartOfLine)
self.setTextCursor(cursor)
highlight.cursor = self.textCursor()
extras.append(highlight)

start = self.start + 1
while start < self.end:
      cursor.movePosition(QTextCursor.Down)
      highlight.cursor = self.textCursor()
      extras.append(highlight)
      start = start + 1

self.setExtraSelections(extras)

However, only the last line is highlighted. Can someone help me fix my
problem?

Thanks

Yifei