[Interest] Events calendar

quim.gil at nokia.com quim.gil at nokia.com
Sun Oct 30 05:55:58 CET 2011

Hi, what about having an events calendar to coordinate Qt Project related activities across the World?

- Events organized by the Qt community.
- Events welcoming Qt speakers, booths, sponsorship...
- Events whith many Qt attendees where informal meetups could be organized.
Etc.

This calendar should help us planning ahead the times and places where the Qt project should focus. The first priority is to identify the key global events, those aiming to get Qt sponsorship and those aiming to have a keynote or similar with Qt Project top profiles.

I'm helping deciding the Qt related events Nokia should prioritize in terms of speakers and sponsorship. As you know, the sooner the budget can be proposed the most likely is that it will be fulfilled. This is why I'm aiming to cover the big items of the next 12 months, if possible. Your suggestions & requests are welcome.

I will create a wiki page to handle this information, unless you have a better idea.

By the way, in the Qt Project context Nokia doesn't need to be the sole entity contributing funds and decisions related to Qt marketing. I'm happy discussing open governance and mericrotacy also in this context, as well as any ideas on how the Qt Project could contribute to your participation in events (both for individuals and companies).

--
Quim