[Interest] Events calendar

Miller, Craig craig.miller at spatialminds.com
Sun Oct 30 06:32:25 CET 2011

That would be a great idea.  There was one on the Nokia website, but it was
woefully lacking.

I am the co-organizer of the Seattle Qt User Group.  The other Co-organizer
and I both think it would be great to have a central calendar that lists
when/where all the official Qt User Group meetings are being held.

Craig

On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 9:55 PM, <quim.gil at nokia.com> wrote:

> Hi, what about having an events calendar to coordinate Qt Project related
> activities across the World?
>
> - Events organized by the Qt community.
> - Events welcoming Qt speakers, booths, sponsorship...
> - Events whith many Qt attendees where informal meetups could be organized.
> Etc.
>
> This calendar should help us planning ahead the times and places where the
> Qt project should focus. The first priority is to identify the key global
> events, those aiming to get Qt sponsorship and those aiming to have a
> keynote or similar with Qt Project top profiles.
>
> I'm helping deciding the Qt related events Nokia should prioritize in
> terms of speakers and sponsorship. As you know, the sooner the budget can
> be proposed the most likely is that it will be fulfilled. This is why I'm
> aiming to cover the big items of the next 12 months, if possible. Your
> suggestions & requests are welcome.
>
> I will create a wiki page to handle this information, unless you have a
> better idea.
>
> By the way, in the Qt Project context Nokia doesn't need to be the sole
> entity contributing funds and decisions related to Qt marketing. I'm happy
> discussing open governance and mericrotacy also in this context, as well as
> any ideas on how the Qt Project could contribute to your participation in
> events (both for individuals and companies).
>
> --
> Quim

Craig Miller
Geospatial Software Architect