[Interest] window alway on top

Till Oliver Knoll till.oliver.knoll at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 22:25:48 CEST 2012

Am 02.04.2012 um 20:06 schrieb Tibo W <tibo_wcc at yahoo.com>:

> I set the modality, windows flags etc, but I can't find how to make the small windows not disappear

The "window modality" doesn't control the appearance, it sets the *behaviour* of a window (dialog).

However as you want your window to be always on top, you also want to set it "non-modal", such that the other windows in the background can still aquire user input (or "modal" - I always confuse which is which).

What you are looking after are the "Window Manager hints" which are controlled with "Window Flags".

Did you try this example yet?

  http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.8/widgets-windowflags.html

The flag you want to set (possibly in combination with others) is

  Qt::WindowStaysOnTopHint

But remember: "The hints are more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules."

Aye, mate!
  Oliver