[Interest] window alway on top

Tony Rietwyk tony at rightsoft.com.au
Tue Apr 3 01:09:18 CEST 2012

Hi Tibo,

I have the same thing and it works fairly well:

- My sub window is just a QWidget with a designed ui.

- In its constructor, I pass the Qt::Dialog flag (with others to customize
the title bar).

TCourseTree::TCourseTree(QWidget *parent)

                : QWidget(parent,

                Qt::Dialog | Qt::CustomizeWindowHint | Qt::WindowTitleHint |
Qt::WindowCloseButtonHint)

{

                ui.setupUi( this );

}

- create the sub window with the main window as parent.  (I think this is
the thing you have missed).

- show and hide the window as appropriate (using animation on the
transparency in my case).

Hope that helps,

Tony.

Sent: Tuesday, 3 April 2012 4:06 AM

Hi,

I have a Qt application displayed full screen, and small semi-transparent
windows (QGraphicsView + QML) on top on the main app.

When I click on the main app, the small windows disappear behind...

I set the modality, windows flags etc, but I can't find how to make the
small windows not disappear (unless I call hide() then show() but that looks
ugly).

I'm using Qt 471 X11 with Ubuntu 10.04 x86. I tried with metacity, openbox
and xfwm4 but the behavior is the same.

Any suggestion ? Thanks  in advance !