[Interest] QtArg

R. Reucher rene.reucher at batcom-it.net
Wed Apr 11 12:06:22 CEST 2012

On Wednesday 11 April 2012 11:51:04 Rui Maciel wrote:
> On 04/11/2012 02:27 AM, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > Yes, you're reading too much. Desktop is still important.
> >
> > But there's a limit of how much we can force contributors who are
> > interested on mobile to work on desktop too. Right now, those people
> > seem to be the majority. if you want to see the new technologies come
> > sooner rather than later, help out.
>
> If Qt5 is being actively pushed as a toolkit for mobile platforms then,
> as Qt4 already works well (and even Qt3, too), it appears that there
> aren't a lot of reasons that justify wasting resources migrating code to
> Qt5.  After all, a tool is supposed to help the worker, not the other
> way around.
I also think that the whole Qt development is paying too much attention to the
"mobile market" lately, since I consider it a "hyped movement" -- and
"bubbles" like these tend to explode sooner or later. But that's how it always
works... the good news, however, is that you are NOT forced to rewrite code
when transtioning your C++ / desktop (widget-based) applications to Qt 5. The
"porting" efforts are minimal, as already stated in other posts. So what's
your point? I see QML as an alternative, and that's it.

Cheers, René