[Interest] QtArg

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Apr 11 14:49:40 CEST 2012

On quarta-feira, 11 de abril de 2012 10.51.04, Rui Maciel wrote:
> On 04/11/2012 02:27 AM, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > Yes, you're reading too much. Desktop is still important.
> >
> > But there's a limit of how much we can force contributors who are
> > interested on mobile to work on desktop too. Right now, those people seem
> > to be the majority. if you want to see the new technologies come sooner
> > rather than later, help out.
>
> If Qt5 is being actively pushed as a toolkit for mobile platforms then,
> as Qt4 already works well (and even Qt3, too), it appears that there
> aren't a lot of reasons that justify wasting resources migrating code to
> Qt5.  After all, a tool is supposed to help the worker, not the other
> way around.

Let me give you some reasons for migrating to Qt 5:
 - performance
 - new features
 - Qt 4 will not receive new features and will stop updating in the near
future

And please stop reading more into my lines than what I've said. There are more
people working on mobile and some features are likely to come first to it, or
exclusively to it (such as NFC reading, lots of location based services,
address book integration, etc.). That does not make it a mobile toolkit.