[Interest] thanks for extra reading suggestions - sorry to insult technical writers

Atlant Schmidt aschmidt at dekaresearch.com
Fri Apr 13 15:58:51 CEST 2012

/Harri:

> Taking quick glance seems that they are trying to patent
> QtCreator and QML, or at least many aspects of it  ;)

  I agree, but remember that Apple's "secret sauce" is
  not to be first but to be no earlier than second
  *BUT* then release a product that is best-in-class.

  That's why you see folks complaining that "Nokia had
  smartphones years before the iPhone!" or that "Nokia
  had touchscreen phones years before the iPhone!". Both
  are true but now, neither matters one whit: Apple did
  their own implementation and managed to get it much
  more-correct than Nokia ever did, at least when
  considered from the viewpoint of the average users
  of the device.

  So if this is Apple's answer to QtCreator or QML,
  perhaps we should take this as "fair warning" and
  that our system had better also be approachable by
  mere mortals rather than just god-like programmers.

  Which closes our conversational loop back to doc-
  umentation and who should be the audience thereof...

                        Atlant