[Interest] thanks for extra reading suggestions - sorry to insult technical writers

Till Oliver Knoll till.oliver.knoll at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 18:05:04 CEST 2012

Am 13.04.2012 um 15:58 schrieb Atlant Schmidt <aschmidt at dekaresearch.com>:

> /Harri:
>
>> Taking quick glance seems that they are trying to patent
>> QtCreator and QML, or at least many aspects of it  ;)
>
>  I agree, but remember that Apple's "secret sauce" is
>  not to be first but to be no earlier than second
>  *BUT* then release a product that is best-in-class.

Don't worry: Apple failed already with the idea of "programming for the masses": it's called AppleScript! Even the automator made only hardcore enthusiasts interested.

The idea that you write programs "just like you talk" sounds compelling, but fails in practise (for the average Mac user) because you have to know the vocabulary of a given application. And dare you when you write

  set position of 3rd form in scene to (42, 101)

instead of

  move 3rd form in scene to (42, 101)

Or was it "Put object"? Oh wait, no, it must be...

(or whatever - well, you get my point ;))

So Apple will fail again :)

(fingers crossed and runs for cover ;)

Cheers, Oliver