[Interest] [OT] Re: thanks for extra reading suggestions - sorry to insult technical writers

Till Oliver Knoll till.oliver.knoll at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 17:56:16 CEST 2012

Am 14.04.2012 um 02:11 schrieb Syam Krishnan <syamcr at gmail.com>:

> Haven't you heard of all the analog electronics where
> there's no concept of boolean logic?

You push the button... there's light. You push it again... it goes off. Sounds logic to me...

> An electronics engineer, for instance, has to worry if he'll have
> sufficient
> voltage when he connects one part of the circuit to another; whether the
> first circuit will be able to drive the next stage.

Well, that's very easy to solve: you just make hamster Huey run faster in his wheel!

That tip was for free ;)

> We on the other hand
> can put almost infinite number of nested 'if's or loops without ever
> worrying if the outer loop will be able to drive the inner one...."

Infinite loops - See the complexity in THAT? ;)

> ...  is just based on lack of knowledge/experience on
> electronics.

Indeed: I don't touch anything which goes beyond 12 V (aka "killer voltage").

Even taking out the batteries of my motorbike is scarry enough ("Do I unplug the - cable first, or was it the + one? Ah never mind, I disconnect them both at the /same/ time...").

By the way, is it true that electrical engineers put their fingers into the power outlet each morning instead of drinking coffee, like we software engineers do (the entire day)?

:)

Cheers, Oliver

P.S. Yes, off course you are right with your objection ;)