[Interest] Qt5 & QX11EmbedContainer?

R. Reucher rene.reucher at batcom-it.net
Wed Apr 18 21:22:49 CEST 2012

On Wednesday 18 April 2012 20:50:01 Girish Ramakrishnan wrote:
> > Asked differently... is there a general / platform-independent
> > replacement for it? THAT would be cool :)!
>
> There's no platform independent replacement. But on the development
> list, we have mostly agreed on creating a platform specific addon
> modules. So, QX11Embed classes should appear there at some point. If
> you are interested in taking this up, please propose it on the
> development list.
Sure, I'd be very interested! Also to contribute somehow, if that's what
you're asking for. I already have a Qt Project account... what next? Where is
that development list? Where is the code (if any) :)!

OK, given my current schedule, I can only start working on this at the
weekend... but I would love to get that feature back, if possible BEFORE Qt 5
gets released!

But anyway, a platform independent 'replacement' should follow after that I
guess... I've already implemented equivalent functionality on Windows, just
not as a seperate class. Haven't done any embedder code for Mac OS X, yet, but
that should also be possible.

Thanks, René