[Interest] Contributor agreement rundown

Lincoln Ramsay lincoln.ramsay at nokia.com
Thu Apr 19 03:22:57 CEST 2012

On 04/19/2012 10:59 AM, ext Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> I can also see that many people here don't value open source software.

I think you're confusing "open source" with "free software".

Qt is an "open source" project that happens to release code under a
"free software" license.

Qt is not a "free software" project and has never been one.

Even if Nokia abandons Qt, it will not become a "free software" project
because the Free Qt foundation will release the code under the BSD license.

--
Lincoln Ramsay - Senior Software Engineer
Qt Development Frameworks, Nokia - http://qt.nokia.com/