[Interest] Qt for Android & iOS

Till Oliver Knoll till.oliver.knoll at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 22:14:28 CEST 2012

Am 23.04.2012 um 20:57 schrieb <adam.weinrich at nokia.com>:

> ...    (Is think static linking may be required to get AppStore compliance-has that been figured out?)

At least on the desktop App Store I am pretty confident that Apple doesn't care how you link your application, as long as all involved libraries behave according to their App Store rules: don't use "private APIs", only write config/cache/data files at well-defined places, and soon be code-signed and sandboxed etc. Also a separate copy of WebKit is considered against the rules (use the Apple one).

Mac applications are organised in a "bundle" which the Finder treats like a single file (in reality it is basically a folder with subfolders and resource files named by convention). So I'm almost sure Apple doesn't care how you link your application therein.

And the same most likely applies to "apps" in the iOS Store...

Cheers, Oliver