[Interest] hidpi mode on osx

morten.sorvig at nokia.com morten.sorvig at nokia.com
Wed Apr 25 13:11:00 CEST 2012

On Apr 24, 2012, at 6:00 PM, ext Jason Dictos wrote:

Any plans for Qt to function properly in the hidpi mode on osx?

http://www.cultofmac.com/132751/enable-retina-like-hidpi-display-modes-in-os-x-lion-video-how-to/

Yes, this something we want to have working. I've done some testing using Qt Creator built with Qt 4. In general Qt 4 Just Works: Window, mouse event coordinates etc are correct and we get hidpi text through the CoreGraphics paint engine.

The TODO list looks something like this:
* QIcon should select high-res image versions when available (I think I fixed this a while ago, don't know if it still works.)
* The raster graphics engine and backing store should be made hidpi aware
* QtOpenGL should be made hidpi aware

Since Qt 5 uses either raster or opengl we have some work ahead of us.

The bug for this is https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-23870 ,  you can comment there if you have more input.

- Morten